LibertyLink® Real Yield Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY - VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The LibertyLink Real Yield Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins on 7/1/2016 and ends on 12/31/2016 (“Promotion Period”). Open to legal residents of the Eligible States (in the United States) listed below, who are 21 years of age or older, and that are “Farmers”, defined as: Live and farm in an Eligible State, and are “actively engaged in farming” a minimum of 250 acres of soybeans and/or cotton. “Actively engaged in farming” means that he or she performs the work or hires and actively manages others who do so. Not eligible: Officers, directors, employees (including their immediate family members and those living in their household) of Bayer CropScience (the “Sponsor” or “Bayer”), its respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, licensees, and advertising, digital, social and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, sales representatives, distributors, dealers, competitors, and other vendor companies (collectively, “Related Entities”) are not eligible. This Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All decisions concerning who meets the eligibility requirements are reserved to Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
Eligible States: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
2. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter this program, as described below.
Online: Visit and complete all fields in the registration process. At the time of registration, you will be asked to select whether you would like entry into the monthly drawings for soybeans or cotton. Each entrant can receive a maximum of one entry.
Mail: Call 1-866-99-BAYER to receive a paper entry for the sweepstakes. Once completed, please mail to Real Yield Sweepstakes, 1450 W. Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA, 30309 during the Program Entry Period. Entries must be postmarked within the Program Entry Period and received by the Sponsor by December 31, 2016. Limit one entry per envelope. All submissions become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
All entries will be valid for the Grand Prize drawing and the Monthly drawing crop selected. Non-winning entries for the monthly drawings will roll over to future monthly drawings.
3. PRIZES/ODDS: All prizes will be awarded as described in these official rules. During the Promotion Period, a total of 13 prizes will be made available to be won. Odds of winning depends on the number of eligible entries received. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Winners will be selected by random drawing.
One Grand Prize – 500 acres of the LibertyLink system for soybeans or cotton (winner’s choice) – One winner will be selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winner will be contacted via the registration information provided by the winner at the time of registration and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility & release to be confirmed as the winner. If winner cannot be reached, that potential winner will be determined void and an alternate winner may be selected. Promotion grand prize random selection will be drawn on or around 1/3/2017. Approximate retail value (ARV) of Grand Prize: $70,900.
12 Monthly Prizes – 200 acres of the LibertyLink system for soybeans or cotton – Each month, two winners will be randomly selected, one for each crop (soybeans and cotton) from the selections made at the time of registration, from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winners will be contacted via the registration information provided by the potential winner at the time of registration and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility & release to be confirmed as the winner. If, after three days, the Promotion winner cannot be reached, that potential winner will be determined disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. There are a total of 12 Promotion random selection drawings to be held on or around 8/1/2016, 9/1/2016, 10/1/2016, 11/1/2016, 12/1/2016, 1/3/2017. ARV of each monthly prize: $35,450.
All taxes, costs, and expenses not set forth in these rules on any prize awarded are the responsibility of the winner. Limit one prize per person, address, or household; if you win a monthly prize, you will not remain eligible to win the Grand Prize. Prizes will be awarded in the name indicated at the time of registration. The independent judging organization, Mastermind Involvement Marketing, reserves the right to disqualify anyone who it determines, in its sole discretion, is not eligible, violates the spirit of the Promotion or acts in a manner which makes it unfair to other participants. All winners are subject to verification by Mastermind Involvement Marketing. Winners may make no substitution or transfer of prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or lesser value in the event of unavailability. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All potential winners must provide their social security or tax ID number to Sponsor in compliance with In compliance with United States Internal Revenue Service regulations, as Sponsor will send a Form 1099-MISC to any winner receiving a prize valued in excess of $600 (USD). Winner remains solely responsible for paying all federal and other taxes in accordance with the laws that apply in winner’s state of residence.
4. WINNER AFFIDAVIT: All winners must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and Prize Acceptance Form within seven (7) days of the date indicated on the notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification, and an alternate may be selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate will be selected. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. In the event of a computer, production or other error that results in the establishment of more prizes than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held from among those making otherwise valid prize claims to award the published number of prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for programming errors and other errors that affect the administration or play of the game, and may create any remedy or fix of the game, including modification or cancellation, as necessary, in its sole discretion.
6. GENERAL: By participating, participants warrant that they are eligible to participate in this Promotion, agree to accept and abide by the rules of this Promotion and agree that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Promotion, rule interpretation, or award of prizes shall be submitted to the independent judging organization, Mastermind Involvement Marketing, whose decisions are binding and final. Further, participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, related entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any injury, loss, liability or damage arising from or in connection with the acceptance or use/misuse of any prize or participation in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the intended entry process or the operation of the Promotion or website; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor also reserves the right to cancel the Promotion at any time and under Sponsor's sole judgment if the Promotion becomes compromised. All trademarks and service marks used in these Official Rules belong to Bayer CropScience, except as otherwise noted. If any provision of these Official Rules is to any extent held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Official Rules shall not be affected but shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Related Entities make no warranties regarding any of the prizes furnished as part of this Promotion. Notwithstanding any other provision of these official rules, Sponsor’s aggregate liability hereunder and with respect to the Promotion shall be limited to and shall not exceed the value of the prizes set forth above. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor and Related Entities reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. By participating in the Promotion, participant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with playing the Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. In no event will Sponsor, Related Entities or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of any participant’s access to and use of the Promotion website, the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site, or participation in the promotion or any associated event. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
8. INTERNET: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is an participant who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select winners from the entries received prior to modification or termination if it deems appropriate, if for any reason, the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, whether due to infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any miscommunication, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, lost Internet connection, technical failure of any kind, failed computer transmissions, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the registrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. SPONSOR: This Promotion is sponsored by Bayer CropScience, 2 T.W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709. LibertyLink is a registered trademark of Bayer.
10. ADMINISTRATOR: This Promotion is administered and independently judged by Mastermind Involvement Marketing, 1450 W. Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30309.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Real Yield Sweepstakes, 1450 W. Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA, 30309. Requests must be received by 1/15/17 to be fulfilled.